Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Snapshot~ my favorite whitney song:)

don't usually post about current events, politics or pop culture. this blog has always been for family and friends and of course it's become my scrapbook of memories. however, i couldn't help but think of my 7th grade self today, the one that knew the words to every song on that first album of hers. i used to sit in my room in front of that big stereo my dad bought me switching out my 45's and singin' along. she even has a spot on the kiddos ipods 20 years later. on a vacation we took a few years back "how will i know" came on the radio and of course only dad and i knew the words but the kids took an instant liking to it and requested it off of itunes when we got home. this is the one though that i would listen to during particular moments in my life; she sings it beautifully- and even though she shares it with Mariah, it was always my favorite:)



Many nights we've prayed


With no proof anyone could hear


In our hearts a hopeful song We barely understood


Now we are not afraid Although we know there's much to fear We were moving mountains Long before we knew we could




There can be miracles When you believe Though hope is frail It's hard to kill


Who knows what miracles You can achieve


When you believe, Somehow you will


You will when you believe




In this time of fear When prayer so often proves in vain


Hope seemed like the summer birds Too swiftly flown away


Yet now I'm standing here My heart's so full I can't explain


Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say




They don't always happen when you ask


And it's easy to give in to your fear


But when you're blinded by your pain Can't see your way safe through the rain


Thought of a still resilient voice Says love is very near

No comments:

Post a Comment