Sunday, September 6, 2009

Aaaaaahhhhhhh............

That's the sound I made when I sat down in the living room tonight with some popcorn to watch an old movie with the kids. The dog is stretched out on the balcony enjoying the cool Minnesota air, and brownies are baking in the oven (minus the 3/4 cup of oil, because I forgot I'm not at home and vegetable oil is not something you remember to buy when you stock a new house. Google told me to use applesauce which I did have. Hopefully the kids won't notice)

The point being that I looked around tonight and could finally say that there's nothing waiting for me to do. After preparing to sell a home and then preparing to start the school year and then preparing moving almost 1000 miles away with 5 days notice and then setting up a new house and then preparing all over again to start another school year things have definitely been non stop. The 29 seating charts alone on top of the 18 I'd already made back home were enough to keep me busy. The dog who wouldn't poop out state is now a "once-a-dayer" and we were able find a nice church and attend services today.

Things are settling.

Yep, nothing to do.........

.......except blog 3 times in the last 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so proud of how you have managed a most difficult and emotional project, Maryland to Minnesota. It seems like only yesterday , actually May 26th 2009, that the decision to begin preparing the home for sale began. Your blog has told the story from beginning to your arrival,most unexpectedly in MN.There are a few of us with some loose ends to tie up, and the project will be complete.
    Enjoy your new location, new position,and all else that is new in life's adventure.

    Now that you are caught up, better get a new planner and begin to fill it up.

    PopPop

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE HERE! Hee hee... Welcome to Minnesota!! What a journey for your family!! If you have any questions about anything, just let me know! I wanted to let you know too that I get soooo many compliments on your blog...people just love it...all of the personal touches and the banner...it's so wonderful...everytime that I visit, I smile! Big hugs and WELCOME! God bless.

    ReplyDelete