Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Snapshot~ losing Gideon

our boy Gideon is slipping away from us and it's just not fair. and unlike the two we lost only 3 months ago it's not old age that's taking him because he's only just turned seven. he started losing weight after we lost Boo and Oliver and I thought he may have been mourning their loss but it just came off so quickly and I knew after a while something wasn't quite right. the vet ran many tests and determined he had kidney failure and that with the right treatments we could have him another 4 years. so..... we began giving him subcutaneous fluids at home. wasn't sure I could do it, but he's making it pretty easy on us.
the First Lady just hand feeds his favorite treats while we do it. he doesn't seem to mind one bit.
we'd been giving him fluids every other day for about two weeks when the vet gently told us after some follow up tests that we weren't going to get our four years now because the kidney failure was actually the result of something else. cancer. 
so we were told a few months at best but when I came home from my last day of school on Friday he greeted me with a swollen face. he seems to just be going down hill a little faster all of a sudden and we're all just so heartbroken.
he's just the coolest cat ever, so laid back with those whiskers that even charmed the vet.
it's okay little man...we've been so blessed to have you, even if for a short time. never expected to lose you so soon after the others but i know they'll be glad to see ya.
 
Ni Hao Yall
 

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through an Egypt party pin...and it came to your homepage and I saw this post...I am so sorry you are going through this...I have always had pets, and now how much they mean...hugs and prayers for your family through this time...

    ReplyDelete